by Jenny Goldade of Frazer Consultants
With Mother’s Day coming up, it’s a time to honor moms and remember those no longer physically with us. It’s a tough time of year for those grieving the loss of their mom. That’s why we’ve come up with these mementos and traditions to pay tribute to mom this Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day Mementos
A DIY memento is a perfect keepsake to honor and remember mom. From photo crafts to a shadowbox, there’s something for everyone that captures their mom’s personality.
Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Make a photo memento such as memorial frame or scrapbook filled with photos of your mom and her adventures.
- Put together a shadowbox filled with her favorite things such as clothes, jewelry, photos, and items related to her hobbies.
- Decorate a jewelry box to keep all her jewelry safe in one place.
- Personalize a vase with her name and other little decorations like gems or ribbon and put her favorite flowers inside.
- Organize all her signature recipes into a personalized recipe book.
Family members can come together during Mother’s Day to honor and remember her together. Whether it’s through visiting her favorite place or baking her favorite dish, there are many ways to pay tribute to mom.
Some ideas are:
- Visit her grave site or ash scattering location and leave flowers.
- Go to her favorite restaurant and go around the table and share a memory of her.
- Plant flowers in a memorial garden in her honor.
- Donate time to a community food pantry, animal shelter, children’s hospital, or another location.
- Take a trip to her childhood home, school, or another special place.
When grieving your mom, it’s alright to have a tradition of your own to honor her. There are many possibilities, from writing a tribute to her or just taking the time to look through old photos.
Here are a few ideas to help find the perfect ritual to remember her by:
- Take some time to yourself to remember her by just sitting in peace and quiet.
- Look through old photo albums and scrapbooks.
- Remember her by lighting a tribute candle in your home.
- Write and dedicate a song or poem to her (you can share it, frame it, or keep it to yourself).
- Keep a book of your memories with her and share them with your children or loved ones.
The Putnam Family of Funeral Homes (Bertram Funeral Home in Bertram, Cremation Advocates by Putnam in Marble Falls, and Putnam Funeral Home and Crematory in Kingsland) continues to win the local awards for Best In Class. We do so by going above and beyond and because we understand that we have only one opportunity to make this right. Remember our billboard – #YODO? From writing the obituary to personalizing memorial folders and celebrations of life, to introducing grief therapy dogs in training, and offering different funeral home concepts (traditional, contemporary, and familial), and even offering different funeral planning products from final expense policies to prepaid funeral contracts, we do everything we can to advocate for you before, during, and after your time of loss and help you make meaning out of an emotional time. Every employee is also a community volunteer and Putnam supports several local causes and organizations as we believe that investing in our community keeps our community strong. It also enables us to build relationships to better serve you when you need us the most. We are local and family-owned with the ONLY on-site crematory in the Highland Lakes area. Not only do we Keep Your Loved Ones Close and provide Excellence in Remembrance, but Putnam also Cares! We provide cremation and burial services, celebrations of life, and preplanning services to Horseshoe Bay, Spicewood, Lakeway, Austin, Liberty Hill, Temple, Bertram, Oatmeal, Burnet, Tow, Kingsland, Llano, Highland Haven, Granite Shoals, Cottonwood Shores, Marble Falls, Meadowlakes, Double Horn, Round Mountain, Johnson City, Blanco, Boerne, San Antonio, Fredericksburg and beyond.
Putnam Funeral Home and Crematory, LLC, announces its recent expansion into Bertram, Texas with the opening of Bertram Funeral Home at 1010 East TX-29. Bertram Funeral Home is dedicated to serving the residents of Bertram, Oatmeal, Liberty Hill, Burnet, and the surrounding areas. The goal of Bertram Funeral Home and Putnam is to invest in the community and provide exceptional and personalized service during a difficult time.
This familial funeral home concept not only provides space for services and visitations, but it also provides our Bertram families and neighbors with access to the Putnam private crematory. Putnam owns the only crematory in the Highland Lakes area and reserves its use exclusively for Putnam client families to ensure the integrity of our quality control and identification procedures while providing our families with the peace of mind that their loved one never leaves our care. Bertram Funeral Home also offers the services of the only area Certified Celebrant. Putnam is dedicated to the ones you love, and our caring and knowledgeable staff is here to remove as much stress as possible from the funeral process and to help you build a positive foundation for grief.
The staff at Bertram Funeral Home strives to provide excellence in remembrance. Everyone deserves a funeral or memorial that expresses how special they are. We at Bertram Funeral Home are committed to commemorating and honoring each person who enters our care.
Please call us at 512-355-8201 to schedule a tour of our facilities.
Bertram Funeral Home is located at 1010 East TX-29 in Bertram, Putnam Funeral Home is located at 145 Texas Avenue in Kingsland, and Cremation Advocates by Putnam is located at 206 Ave. H, Suite#204 in Marble Falls.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria